My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States

Friday, September 13, 2013

Awkward

I don't know why I was thinking of this the other day but...

When I was in high school I went to a few graduation parties with some friends. One of the parties was in East Grand Rapids, I other than the two friends that I had went with I knew no one there. In the porch, on the coffee table when you first walked in there was a bust of a naked young woman's torso. My friends being far more social than I quickly disappeared into the party leaving me alone. Try as I might I couldn't resist looking at the bust, more so because I felt like it was so out of place, being the focal point of the first room that you walked into in the house.

  I jumped as a man put his arm around me and said, "You like that don't you?"

"I guess," I replied not quite sure what to say.

"That's my daughter," he said in a proud tone.

"OH, is that, Lynn (or what ever the name of the girl we were there to see was).

He chuckled and said no that's her little sister, he then proceeded to point out a girl that was quite a
bit younger than his daughter that just graduated. She was a freshman, at best.

  Feeling a bit dirty I left and waited for my friends in the car.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stemshul said...

We were young and knew everything...

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home